Thursday, April 2, 2009

Culture of Romance


Rome - February 10, 2009 - You can take inspiration from the 'country of romance' by learning some lovely Italian phrases to say to your sweetheart on Valentine's Day. This will cost you nothing but a bit of time and effort and will sound sexy when whispered into your lover's ear.

Italians are in love with love and romance. They revel in the news of any engagement, marriage or birth of a baby. As you stroll through any town in Italy, you will see lovers intertwined and oblivious to anything going on around them. Romance and passion are a necessity for Italians.

This has always been true in Italy: think of Romeo and Juliet, Casanova, Marcello Mastroianni, and Sofia Loren or Raoul Bova and Diane Lane in "Under the Tuscan Sun ".

Consider the songs of Andrea Bocelli; while the music is beautiful, so much of the emotion has to do with the passionate words he is emoting.

What of the many romantic movies filmed in Italy such as Room With a View, Under The Tuscan Sun, Respiro, Summertime and many, many more?

You can be as romantic as any Italian by using a few simple phrases listed below:

Ti amo-I love you
Ti adoro-I adore you
Mi manchi-I miss you
Ti penso sempre-I always think about you
Sei sempre nel mio cuore- You are always in my heart
Voglio baciarti-I want to kiss you
Sei molto bella/bello-You are very beautiful/handsome
Mi manchi come l'aria che respiro-I miss you like the air that I breathe
Vaffanculo!-Happy Valentine's Day!

This is an article taken from OnlyInItaly.com. I know Valentine's Day was a while ago but I was in a romantic mood when I saw this article and I thought it was sweet! Italian is such a beautiful language, it only seems fit that the culture is one that values love and romance.

1 comment:

  1. Well, "Vaffanculo!" literally means "Fuck you!" in Italian. It isn't really romantic ;-)
    I like your blog and wonder why you are interested in Italy.

    ReplyDelete